Crypto.com has announced that it has signed its first pre-registration undertaking with the Ontario Securities Commission in Canada. The undertaking marks Crypto.com as the first global cryptocurrency platform operating under this undertaking in the country.
In an official statement, Crypto.com says the following:
Crypto.com is committed to working with the OSC to offer a suite of products and services in full compliance with Canadian regulations. This undertaking builds on Crypto.com’s existing regulation in Canada under the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) and the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) of Quebec.
Crypto.com houses more than 50 million users worldwide and continues to grow and expand. It was founded in 2016 and works to progress the use of cryptocurrency in every wallet.
“Compliance underscores everything that we do at Crypto.com,” says Kris Marszalek, CEO of Crypto.com. “The North American market, and Canada specifically, represent a significant area of potential growth for the crypto market. We are proud to work with the OSC and the CSA in providing Canadian customers access to a safe, secure, and reliable global platform.”
The announcement of Crypto.com’s pre-registration also comes with the news of more licenses being established around the world over the past months:
- Received in-principle approval for a Major Payment Institution License from the Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Received provisional approval of its Virtual Asset License from the Dubai Virtual Assets Regulatory Authority
- Established Electronic Financial Transaction Act and Virtual Asset Service Provider registration in South Korea
- Recently completed registration in Italy from the Organismo Agenti e Mediatori (OAM),
- Completed registration in Greece from the Hellenic Capital Market Commission, registration in Cyprus from the
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Received regulatory approval from the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority.
Original Source: Watcher News